The Ten Commandmentsof Caring
Words We Live By.
As health care providers, employees at all locations in the HCR ManorCare network strive to deliver top-quality service. The “Ten Commandments of Caring” remind us of our goal.
We, the employees of HCR ManorCare, believe that our patients and residents as well as their families…
- Are the most important people.
- Are not dependent on us—we are dependent on them.
- Do not interrupt our work—they are the purpose of it.
- Do us a favor when they request our assistance. We do not do them a favor by serving them.
- Are the most vital part of our services. They are not outsiders.
- Are not collections of charts, prescriptions and bills—they are flesh-and-blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
- Are not to be argued with.
- Bring us their wants—it’s our job to satisfy those wants
- Are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give.
- Are the lifeblood of our business.
Our patients and residents and their families and friends are the reason this health care company exists. Without them, we are nothing.