Yield: 8 portions
Portion size: 1/2 cup
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 peeled, sliced oranges
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 ounces pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, sugar and black pepper in a small bowl with wire whip until well blended to make the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Toss spinach with oranges, strawberries and pecans in a large bowl.
- Serve with 1/2 vinaigrette made in step one.
*Recipe from HCR ManorCare partner Sysco Food Services.